Monday, February 8, 2010

Better safe than sorry...I'm not so sure about that

Life is just hard sometimes. We find ourselves in places we never meant to go, saying things we never thought we would say, feeling things we hoped we would never have to feel, making decisions we hoped we would never have to make.

Sometimes these places leave us frozen, unable to move, stagnant in our pain and fear. Perhaps if we just stand still, God will sweep in and fix things. And sometimes he does, but it seems more often he prompts us to move-to seek guidance from him, and trust him to lead us in the right direction.

Fear paralyzes. Fear of our own feelings, fear of making the wrong decision, fear of saying the wrong thing, and ending up going the wrong direction. But I am finding more and more, sometimes it is better to risk making a wrong decision than to stay fixated and, this sounds awful, but to just rot away in the pit.

We will all fall down. We will all make mistakes. But the same power that raised Christ from the dead is available to raise us from any circumstances, be them circumstances we created out of our own sin or circumstances we were thrown into. So…I will take a chance. God is calling me to learn to love again. It requires me to trust him…that love is worth any heartache I may endure as a result. It is worth it. Staying where we are may be safe, but it sure is boring. Sitting in our pit may be secure, but it will never lead to healing. I don’t know about you, but its time for me to trust Christ for the ride, and take a step out in faith.

0 comments:

Post a Comment