Friday, October 29, 2010

Contagious Restoration...pass it on! :)

I just read a beautiful post on restoration at www.fieldsgold.blogspot.com. Beautiful thoughts and words. And the funny thing is, she read about restoration on another person's blog, hmmmmm, this restoration thing must be a bit contagious.

Today I have found myself thinking on what a priviledge it is to have the opportunity to write. And, like the silly girl that I am, I have been thinking all day, "don't screw this up Stephanie". Funny that is. Because honestly...I deserve not one millismidgen of what I have been blessed with. There is no way I could have "earned" the opportunity to write, the opportunity to share with others. It is all a gift by grace from God. He can give and He can take away. But He is sovreighn, and regardless of my flaws and/or gifts through grace, He is in control. So grateful that He is control. So grateful that my own mistakes cannot remove His hand from me. What a gift that is. There is no one or no thing on this earth like Him. There is nothing else in this life that is offered up completely free of charge. There is nothing else in life that we cannot screw up. There is nothing else that is completely utterly and completely unconditional. If that kind of love does not inspire restoration, I don't know what will! So I am praying for a restoration of my heart and spirit, and the joy of my salvation. Because there is nothing like it. Nothing even close.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming to my blog. I am now following you as well. I read your first entry from back in Jan. WOW! I can relate so well to your journey through depression. I am going to try and "catch up" on your blog.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words about my post (and Eileen's too!) Loved to hear all you are grateful for! So grateful to serve a King who is so kind to restore and even give back double what's been lost. Standing in holy awe of Him!

    ~Sam

    ReplyDelete