Thursday, October 28, 2010

bursting with "God-news"

Luke 1:46-55, The Message

And Mary said,

I'm bursting with God-news;

      I'm dancing the song of my Savior God.

      God took one good look at me, and look what happened—

      I'm the most fortunate woman on earth!

   What God has done for me will never be forgotten,

      the God whose very name is holy, set apart from all others.

   His mercy flows in wave after wave

      on those who are in awe before him.

   He bared his arm and showed his strength,

      scattered the bluffing braggarts.

   He knocked tyrants off their high horses,

      pulled victims out of the mud.

   The starving poor sat down to a banquet;

      the callous rich were left out in the cold.

   He embraced his chosen child, Israel;

      he remembered and piled on the mercies, piled them high.

   It's exactly what he promised,

      beginning with Abraham and right up to now.

 

Bursting with “God-news”

I get excited, I can’t help it, I am one emotional girl who gets giddy and happy and squeals with excitement! So, I cannot imagine the joy of Mary as she finds out she is bursting with “God-news”, literally!!!

And I know, I know, I am sure people thought she was a nutcase when she told people she was a pregnant virgin, nonetheless, pregnant with the Son of God. I know I certainly would have suggested therapy, LOL! However, regardless, Mary was bursting with joy, claiming herself the most fortunate woman on earth. And she was. 

She could have hidden, embarrassed, scared that no one would believe her. She could have been fraught with anxiety. But she wasn’t. She was overcome with joy, trusting and knowing that her God was holy and merciful and all knowing. She knew He would take care of everything, and in knowing that she thrived in perfect peace and happiness.

So, I think today, I am going to sit back in the beach chair in my mind with my toes squishing in the sand of His word and let the waves of mercy wash over me, and thank my Jesus for the fact that my life is one big burst of “God-news”!

 

1 comment:

  1. I love this. You know, I think that I can apply this "God-news" more in my life. What seems like the end of the world, or at least, life as I know it, could actually turn out to be something fit for a King.

    ReplyDelete