Monday, July 26, 2010

Put on your princess dress :)

I woke up in the middle of the night last night with my sweet adorable little girl snuggled up next to me. She was so cute, and it made me laugh that she was sleeping exactly like I was, curled up on her side, one leg in the covers one leg out, arms tucked in, just like her mama. For a moment, I thought, you know, in some ways we all are just bigger versions of the little girls that we once were. Of course, we have matured, at least I hope I don’t still have the maturity level of a 5 year old, LOL, although there are times I think my husband might disagree ! But seriously, regardless of the growth that has occurred spiritually, mentally, and physically, somewhere deep down, we are all still that same little girl. And I often wonder if this isn’t more of how Jesus sees us. When he looks at us, I don’t think he sees all the calluses and wrinkles and brokenness. Because, in his eyes we are healed, forgiven, embraced, loved, just beautiful little girls longing for the love of their Dad. He said, “Let the children come to me” and “The Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these”. So maybe today, we could try to come to Jesus as a little girl. A little girl with nothing to hide, a little girl who is not too smart to listen to her Daddy’s wisdom, a little girl who longs just to be held and told that she is beautiful, a little girl whose tears have no shame but fall innocently to the ground. Today, let’s find some peace and rest in the arms of our Father, and then let’s dance and spin in circles till we get dizzy in our princess dresses, knowing that He loves us always, that you are his beautiful little girl, and nothing can ever ever take that away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment