Wednesday, May 19, 2010

More

Psalms 37 NLT
18 Day by day the LORD takes care of the innocent,
and they will receive an inheritance that lasts forever.
19 They will not be disgraced in hard times;
even in famine they will have more than enough.

Days and days and days. One day at a time, the Lord takes care of the innocent. And even though I don’t feel innocent, I know that I am blameless in the eyes of Christ. Therefore, he takes care of me, day by day. He gives me enough love to survive another day. Even though it may only be enough to get through the day, I know that he will replenish tomorrow. He will give me enough love to wake up my children lovingly in the morning, to open up my heart to a student I will see tomorrow, to pour out my soul to a couple of amazing women over lunch, to get the mundane administrative tasks done in the afternoon, and to come home, love on my family, and do it all over again. He may not give me more than I need for that day, but if he did, I fear I wouldn’t long for him like I do.

Though some days are tougher than others, and some days the pain and the memories may be stronger than others, he will give me enough, in fact at times, hard times, he may even give me more than enough. And you know, sitting here, thinking about it, just the fact that he is willing to love me at all, is in itself much much much much more than enough. He didn’t have to choose to do so, he didn’t have to choose to send his son to die, he didn’t have to choose to remove our sins as far as the east is from the west, he didn’t have to be the one whose arms we know we can fall into when no one else is around, he didn’t have to be. But he is, he choose to be, because he loves us. A perfect love that is everything 1 Corinthians says love should be and more. More than enough, the only one who ever can be, who ever will be more than enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment