Friday, March 19, 2010

What would it mean to know God loves you? Would it change your everything?

I really don’t have anything to give as far as wisdom, I am learning that more and more every day. Every day God is humbling my heart more and more to realize that anything decent that comes out of my lips is straight from him, because my flesh is just a big mess. And my thoughts are a little disorganized today, but somehow I feel that there is a message in what I am feeling that I hope someone else gets something out of, so here goes.

I have been struggling hardcore with unbelief. Don’t get me wrong, I believe Christ died on the cross for my sins, but trusting him beyond that has been a struggle for me. To know him and believe that he loves me, yeah that has always been a nice thought, but how many of us really believe that he loves us. I am going out on a limb here, but I would say that more of us struggle with the idea that he truly passionately loves us than we would care to admit.

Why do we struggle with this, well I’m sure the answer to that question could vary greatly with each and every one of us. But, I do know one thing, God was willing to send his son to have him marred and beaten to where he did not even resemble the likeness of a man, mocked and murdered on a cross. If I am really willing to accept that he did that for ME, well I have to accept that he loves me, at least from an intellectual standpoint. Just think about sacrificing your own child, and you know this to be true. However, how do we let this sink down from our heads to our hearts.
Well, I don’t know the answer for everyone, but I know what is working for me. Accepting his love and believing he loves me is a choice. I choose to believe it, even though I don’t feel it all the time. I choose to claim that it is true, even though uncertainty floods my thoughts. I pray daily for God to “help me overcome my unbelief, and forgive me for the sin of not believing”. Because honestly, when we look at how many times his word says he loves us in a million different ways, and we choose not to believe, we are sinning. We are perhaps in a way saying that what his word says is some nice fluff, but not really true. And believe me honey, I am not casting the first stone, I will be the first one to admit that I STRUGGLE with some unbelief. But, I am not going to give up!

So my dear sister, I plead with you, don’t let Satan strap you down with the obstacle of unbelief. The last thing he wants you to believe is that God loves you, because if you did, you might stop telling yourself all those nasty lies, and then God would be able to do some awesome things through you, and he soooooooo does not want that. Lets take him down girls! This life is a battle, not just of flesh and blood, but a spiritual battle, and we are not giving in, not for a second! Let’s get out there and fight. He sent his son to die for us so that we could be set FREE, DO NOT LET YOURSELF BE BURDENED BY ANY YOKE OF SLAVERY!!!!! He loves you. Yes he does. HE LOVES YOU!!!!!

Isaiah 54:10 and 63:1-4

0 comments:

Post a Comment