Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What do we do when we don’t know what to do?

God, I need some direction here! Silence. God, I don’t understand, I need some answers! Silence. God, I’m dying here, I don’t know what to do! Silence. Where are you? Silence.

My heart is not upright. I am battling some strongholds, and Satan is fighting hard to keep me bound up in them. I don’t know which direction to look, I don’t know what to pray for, I don’t know where to begin, my head is just spinning, and for the first time I feel like I have no discernment and can’t figure out right from left and up from down.

I don’t understand. I don’t know what to do. But I do know a verse that God seems to beat into my brain repeatedly. “He did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what He had promised.” Romans 4:20-21

Despite our lack of direction, or lack of answers, we can choose not to waver in unbelief. We can choose to know that he is listening, even when the silence is deafening, we can choose to believe what we know to be true. I know it to be true that when God provides silence, it is time to be still and know that he is God, and get out of the way. He speaks to me as I am writing this at this very moment, and I hope he may also speak to you – be still my dear, there is nothing you can do right now, it is all in my hands, trust me for the outcome, you can’t fix it, so let me, there are some things you cannot fix, some things you cannot change, you cannot change another person’s heart, you can’t even change your own, so be still, let me work in you, and let me work in others, let me do the work that needs to be done, step down, step out of the way, the way for you to be obedient right now is to be still and trust me, and yes I am still holding you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment